Upward Bound and Pre-College Programs
Providing the Tools to Build Academic and Social Success in High School, College and Beyond.
Successes from 2015 for Upward Bound:
- All (100%) of our graduates from class of 2015 are currently in enrolled at either community/technical college or a 4 year college or university
- Visited 9 college campuses in 4 different states
- 80% of our students are in the top 30% of their class, including one school in which Upward Bounders consist of the entire top-10 of the graduating class of 2016 and two students who have the top GPA in their grades (Valedictorian) – at two different schools.
- One of our recent graduates (Uzuri Boatright, 2013) returned as keynote speaker for our 2015 graduation ceremony (she is on Full Scholarship at USC –Columbia)
A printable pdf version of the above presentation
What is Upward Bound?
- The Upward Bound Program has been sponsored by the College of Charleston since 1975.
- We are a college preparatory program designed to generate in its participants the skills and motivation necessary for success in education beyond high school.
- We provide special academic, cultural, and mentoring opportunities for a limited number of first-generation high school students who have demonstrated the potential and interest to succeed in post-secondary education.
What do we do?
- Read what we do in a pdf
- About Upward Bound
- About Pre-College
- For Students and Parents Our November 22,2014 Parent Conference
- Financial Aid and Scholarship Information
Upward Bound Session Schedule for 2015-2016
What is our Mission?
- To provide the tools to build academic and social success in high school, college and beyond.
Connect with Us
- Follow us on Twitter @UBatCofC https://twitter.com/UBatCofC
- Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/upwardbound#!/upward.bound.988?fref=ts
Director Talim Lessane says "Welcome"
Want to Help out? Give Online to contribute to the Upward Bound Scholarship Program.