Upward Bound and Pre-College Programs
Providing the Tools to Build Academic and Social Success in High School, College and Beyond.
Successes from 2015 for Upward Bound:
- All (100%) of our graduates from class of 2015 are currently in enrolled at either community/technical college or a 4 year college or university
- Visited 9 college campuses in 4 different states
- 80% of our students are in the top 30% of their class, including one school in which Upward Bounders consist of the entire top-10 of the graduating class of 2016 and two students who have the top GPA in their grades (Valedictorian) – at two different schools.
- One of our recent graduates (Uzuri Boatright, 2013) returned as keynote speaker for our 2015 graduation ceremony (she is on Full Scholarship at USC –Columbia)
Successes from the Staff
- Look what former Upward Bound staff member, Matt Foley, is doing now
Take a look at What We Do and What We Offer below
A printable pdf version of the above presentation
What is Upward Bound?
- The Upward Bound Program has been sponsored by the College of Charleston since 1975.
- We are a college preparatory program designed to generate in its participants the skills and motivation necessary for success in education beyond high school.
- We provide special academic, cultural, and mentoring opportunities for a limited number of first-generation high school students who have demonstrated the potential and interest to succeed in post-secondary education.
What do we do?
- Read what we do in a pdf
- About Upward Bound
- About Pre-College
- For Students and Parents
- Financial Aid and Scholarship Information
Upward Bound Session Schedule for 2015-2016
What is our Mission?
- To provide the tools to build academic and social success in high school, college and beyond.
Connect with Us
Director Talim Lessane says "Welcome"
Want to Help out? Give Online to contribute to the Upward Bound Scholarship Program.